In the new Global MBA program, introduced by GTU since August 2011, every student is required to study the business environment in some country with the perspective of an Indian analyst. The two-semester course of Global Country Study Report has been introduced at the 3rd and the 4th semesters in MBA program and the students are encouraged to establish contacts with businesses and scholars in the country, which they are studying.
They are also encouraged to visit the country during the two weeks of vacation between the 3rd and the 4th semester.In GCSR, the Faculties and Students of MBA Institutes have conducted studies of 70 countries in year 2011-12 and year 2012-13. In 2013-14, the MBA students will study more than 110 countries under GCSR program. GTU has appointed Board of Advisors in GCSR for making the program more efficient.
VISION OF GLOBAL COUNTRY STUDY PROJECT:
SCALING UP THE EXISTING REGIONAL/NATIONAL BUSINESS PRACTICES ON GLOBAL PLATFORM
OBJECTIVES TO STUDY GCSR:
- To prepare GTU’s Management students for their globally competitive future.
- To impart the knowledge of international business among management students.
- To understand the cross cultural diversity in implementing sound business policies and creating the knowledge economy.
- To enhance the skills of management gurus as an expert of International trade.
- To develop the higher order thinking skills to meet global competitiveness.